Red Lentil Salad
- 1 heaping cup red lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup seedless cucumber, diced small
- 1/3 of a red bell pepper, diced small
- ½ small sweet onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup fresh tomato diced small
- 3 Tbsp walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse lentils in fine mesh strainer and remove any pebbles or debris. Put lentils in saucepan with water.
- Bring to boil and cook lentils until soft but not mushy, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to develop and mellow.